Are You In The Market For A New Mattress?
Check out our top rated mattresses, +plus our best choice mattress for this year.
Our Best Rated Memory Foam Mattresses for 2020
Are you in the market for a new mattress? If so, learning about the best mattresses of 2020 is a great way to make sure you choose the best memory foam mattress or hybrid mattress that suits you. Two of the key features to consider when shopping online for a new bed is – comfort and solid support.
Online brands and new mattress models come out every year from an increasing number of retailers and manufacturers. Since there are so many different types of mattresses these days, we put together this mattress review and comparison chart to help get you ready to select a mattress that will help you get a better night’s sleep.
RANKED #1 ★ BEST CHOICE
Amazon Verified Customer Rating 4.5
- Highest rated mattress by verified Amazon customers over the last 3 years running.
- Given the top memory foam mattress rating rating by 3rd party sites such as Sleep Cupid and won the comparison with Tempur-Pedic on ASLReviews.com.
- Made in the USA, the Snuggle-Pedic memory foam mattress uses all USA components including the layers, a 3lb. density memory foam comfort layer and a high-density polyurethane support layer, are both certified by CertiPUR-US – as free from toxins and low in volatile organic compounds.
- 100 times greater breathability through use of their patented Airflow Transfer System™ – giving the mattress up to. The memory foam comfort surface has thousands of small holes that connect to the base support layer, which has the airflow channels. This configuration allows for full air flow circulation that allows body heat to ventilate and exchange with the cooler environment air outside the mattress.
- The Snuggle-Pedic mattress has a removable-washable luxurious Kool-Flow mattress cover that uses a bamboo material made from a blend of viscous of bamboo, polyester and Lycra, The cover is ultra breathable, so it works in synergy with their patented Airflow Transfer System (ATS) allowing the interior structure to work more efficiently in controlling temperatures.
- The warranty for the Snuggle-Pedic mattress is for 20 years, sleep trial is for 120 nights and includes free customizations and returns.
Amazon Verified Customer Rating 4.0
- TEMPUR-Adapt is the new entry-level series from Tempur-Pedic, the most affordable mattress in their lineup. It’s available in Medium and Medium Hybrid versions. Both should work for a variety of sleeping positions, as long as you keep in my they’re not soft. The firmness of TEMPUR-Adapt medium is measured as 4.5 on a scale of 10 (with 10 the softest), and the Adapt Medium Hybrid at 5.5, a tad softer.
- The two TEMPUR-Adapt models have the same construction in the upper layers and the cover, but differ in the base layers. Their cool-to-touch cover is machine washable. The fibers in the knit fabric are selected for moisture wicking, and the knitting pattern is to enhance breathability, moisture control and conforming stretchiness.
- The TEMPUR-ES comfort layer offers advanced adaptability for truly personalized comfort and support. Having Tempur Foam on top reduces mattress heat, and continually adapt and conform to your body’s changing needs throughout the night.
- Made in the USA: The warranty for TEMPUR-Adapt mattresses are for 10 years and the sleep trial is for 90 nights.
Amazon Verified Customer Rating 3.9
- The Leesa mattress is their most popular top-selling bed-in-a-box mattress for all types of sleepers. It’s made with three premium foams for cooling, contouring and pressure-relieving support. This includes: two comfort layers, the cooling LSA-200 breathable foam layer and the pressure-relieving memory foam layer. The support base layer is made of high-density polyurethane foam.
- All Leesa mattresses are covered with their 4 stripe mattress cover. The cover is cut from one single piece of material and is fairly thick. The cover is a blend of polyester and lycra, which is the same fabric used in sports clothing. This means it’s highly breathable, durable, and stretchy.
- The Leesa mattress has a firmness and consistency that makes various sleeping positions, even stomach sleepers, comfortable. So if you sleep in multiple positions throughout the night, this mattress might be a good match for you.
- Made in the USA: The Leesa mattress is covered by a 10 year warranty and the sleep trial is for 100 nights backed by a no-hassle, full refund policy.
Amazon Verified Customer Rating 4.0
- The Casper mattress has grown to be one of the most well-known bed-in-a-box mattress brands on the market. Over the years, the mattress has matured and has undergone some upgrades.
- The Casper is 12 inches thick and is made up of four distinct layers. The top is an open-cell proprietary comfort foam that gives the mattress some bounce and breathability. The second layer is made up of a responsive high-density memory foam for pressure relief. The 3rd boast a Zoned Support transitional layer for firmer support under the mid-section. The support base is a 7-inch layer of dense foam that provides the primary support. Overall, this mattress has a medium-firm feel and is regarded as one of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- The cover is a soft polyester blend designed to be breathable and stretchy. It also has a zipper so it can easily be washed.
- Partially Made in the USA, Taiwan, and China: The warranty for The Casper mattress is for 10 years and the sleep trial is for 100 nights.
Amazon Verified Customer Rating 3.9
- The Nectar Mattress is their entry-level model that has rapidly gained a lot of attention and sales because of the high-quality materials in this bed – at an affordable price. However, marketing practices have attracted unwanted attention, and customer reviews reveal that some have issues with relying on China for manufacturing.
- The mattress is made up of five layers of which three are premium foam layers that promote air circulation, while offering support and appropriate weight distribution.
- The cover fabric is a combination of cotton and Tencel. Tencel is designed to wick moisture to cool the sleeping surface and keep it dry.
- Made in China: The Nectar mattress trial peirod is one of the longest in the industry. They offer a lifetime warranty and trial period that lasts an entire year. However it’s important to learn the pros and cons of the warranty. For example: sagging is not covered until it reaches 1½ inches. This is 50% more sagging than for most mattress warranties.
|Made in USA|
How To Reduce Heat Build-up In Your Mattress
For the coolest night’s sleep, focus on choosing breathable bedding and taking steps to boost airflow in and around your bed. Aside from personal factors and room temperature, the mattress plays the biggest role in how cool or warm you will feel. Every mattress type has different properties, and incorporates different materials and technologies. So if temperature is a concern for you, it is helpful to know the difference in construction and layers – when choosing the right bed for your specific needs.
If you are looking to reduce heat build-up in your mattress, check out Snuggle-Pedic’s patented Airflow Transfer System® that offers approximately 100 times more breathability as demonstrated in this video below.
Temperature-Sensitivity & Memory Foam Mattresses
If you are looking at buying a mattress then your first thought should be memory foam. Memory foam will give you the best night’s sleep you have ever had, every night. Memory foam is unique in its ability to continuously conform to the sleeper’s body shape and to remold itself when the sleeper moves position, consistently providing the sleeper with the perfect cradle to sleep in.
Once you have realized the advantages of memory foam, you will need to become savvy on what to look for in a memory foam mattress, because like all things, they are not created equal. One of the key qualities of memory foam is its temperature sensitivity. It’s your body weight and temperature that allows the memory foam to conform itself so perfectly to your body. Without this temperature sensitivity the mattress would not be able to mirror the shape of your body so perfectly.
If a company is selling a memory foam mattress and it’s not temperature sensitive – then don’t bother.
It will not give you the same unparalleled comfort and support that a real memory foam mattress does. There are plenty of mattresses out there, so make sure your memory foam mattress is temperature sensitive.
Comfort vs. Support: How to Choose a Mattress
Support is how well a mattress pushes back against your body to keep your spine straight and promote good sleeping posture. Comfort is how the mattress feels in terms of soft or firm. Both soft and firm mattresses can be supportive, and the terms comfort and support are not opposites.
What’s the Difference?
When shopping for a mattress, there are two things to consider: support and comfort. These terms are sometimes used interchangeably, and other times seem like opposites, but they are actually two separate concepts.
The level of support for a given mattress does not directly affect its comfort. A supportive mattress can have a firm comfort or a soft comfort, and firm and soft mattresses can have poor support. A term I often use to talk about support is “rigidity.” Does the mattress keep your spine straight or does it sag in areas where most of your body weight is focused?
Comfort can be a tricky term, because you might be talking about firm comfort, soft comfort, or just “comfortable” in general. It is important to know that what is “comfortable” for one person might not be for another. So the term “comfort” should be used objectively in terms of softness or firmness.